Have you joined the party on Instagram?
You’ve heard the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well if there’s one social media platform out there that lives by this saying, it’s Instagram.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms being used by business*, and there are a lot of people who will tell you that you should be at the party, drinking champagne and dancing on the table.
I mean, when you think about it, what better way to connect with your customers through a single image that reflects a thousand words? That’s one way to cut through all the content clutter that’s out there… right?
However...is Instagram right for you?
Let’s look at why it might be:
- it is a simple platform to use
- it has great potential to help you connect with your market on a more personal level
- you can share your stories with simple images
- you can use it to drive traffic to your website
- 81% of consumers are increasingly accessing social media on their smartphone*
- Instagram is one of the most smartphone friendly platforms available
- Instagram is the second most popular platform used in Australia* - chances are your customers are 'playing' there
- and the list goes on...
So, there’s lots of reasons to be on Instagram. But...
...before joining the Instagram party ask yourself these three important questions:
- why do I want to be on Instagram (or why should my business be on Instagram)?
- are my customers, clients and market 'playing' there?
- what stories can I share visually that will resonate with my market?
If you can’t answer these three questions then perhaps you should question whether Instagram is the best option for you.
If you can answer them, then go forth, join the party on Instagram, drink champagne and dance on the table!
We recently joined the Instagram party… and we asked ourselves those exact three questions first. Our answers helped us understand how we would party on Instagram, and who with.
- we want to connect with a community of likeminded people, who we can help and inspire
- yes they are, and we love what they are sharing
- marketing tips, inspirational quotes, personal insights, fun and silliness, shared experiences...
If you would like to join the starfish party and connect with us on Instagram, you can find us here
* Sensis Social Media Report 2017